- Begin by cooking bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease, set aside.
- Pour off most, but not all, of the bacon grease from the skillet. Then cook Italian Sausage until browned and transfer to the plate with the bacon. Do not clean or drain this skillet.
- Cook pasta in a separate pot according to package instructions to al dente, approximately 9-10 minutes. Meanwhile, add the diced onion to the bacon and sausage skillet and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to skillet along with 1/2 cup of pasta water from the other pot. Cook to re-hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes, about 2 minutes. Then add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, another 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain the pasta, but keep a reserve of pasta water (at least 1 cup).
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, along with 6 Tbsp Sacla Pesto Chili. Stir to combine. Add pasta water as necessary to get the pasta fully coated.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the skillet along with the cooked Italian sausage. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Recipe Creator: Matt Baugh